I cooked tonight and what a mess. Whew, am I out of practice or what? Granted, I scheduled a full day of working from home, a mani-pedi, grocery shopping, and trying to find snakes for my hair. Guess that cold wore off, or I have Tylenol Cold to thank. That stuff is like crack. I didn't eat all day and didn't even notice.
Here's the recipe:
- 5 oz. chickpeas
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- olive oil, not much, but some
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried mango powder, if you can find it.
Mix all together and call it good.
Easy. Tasty. It's the fish that didn't come out so well.