I feel awful. Just awful. In that sort of hellish, anxiety-riddled, can't-quite-figure-out-shit kind of way. So, I'll most likely start baking things in excess soon. Muffins, cookies, biscotti, cakes, cup cakes, you get the picture.
Stress creates baked goods in my home, which I don't eat and then I feel as though I've wasted both time and food in creating stress goods.
I think in order to manage my anxiety, I'm going to bake this lovely little gem:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bottom crust in pie pan.
Set top crust aside, covered.
- In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil lined cookie sheet --- in case of drips!
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
I think this will work.