Eight years ago I lived in this little, tiny town in Oregon (Go Beavers) in an enormous condo with a dog and two cats. My life moved along a bit differently than it does now. One major difference being the MORNING GLORY MUFFIN.
Now, my sleepy town did not have donuts (can you even picture a place on Earth?) but it did have the largest, moistest, yummiest morning glory muffins you could ever want. The best part about that enormous condo with a dog and two cats - location. Situated just a few blocks from Sam's Station, I could wake up and walk the dog to pick up a warm latte and a morning glory muffin.
Try 'em, you'll like 'em:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
In the car in the morning on the way to where ever, you know you want them.
No stress baking here, just nostalgia,