I'm moving. Not far, just nex door. Still, I'm moving and moving reveals meaning. I live in the last place that I was a wife, the last place I had a husband, and leaving it feels more permanent than signing the divorce papers ever did.
I will never live in that place again. It feels very sad. Tears roll down my cheeks when I least expect it, all because I divorced a man and can't leave the apartment we lived in together.
It feels surreal. It feels as though I am no longer the girl and am becoming the woman. I left a man who left me first and I feel guilty.
A woman who feels guilty eats, right? Unless you're me and then you bake.
Bake on my behalf:
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x4 Inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in the juice of 1 lemon. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. For the glaze, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Drizzle over cake while still warm.
Feel the sadness and then move on,